Asthma is one of the most common breathing diseases in the modern world. About 253 million people are affected by it. Moreover, The Global Burden of Disease Study (GBD) Study estimates that deaths caused by asthma are 170 per million for males and 90 per million for females.
It is a chronic disease with the highest tendency to affect children. No firm evidence behind the cause of asthma is known. Although, urbanization was to blame for asthma increase.
Such a dangerous disease can affect anyone with weak immunity system. So it is important to understand the basics of asthma.
The following is a list of causes, symptoms, types, treatment and the doctor’s advice on asthma:
- The firm evidence for a specific reason is not known. However, a pattern is found, suggesting that asthma runs in families.
- Another cause of asthma is high levels of pollution. The toxic chemicals often cause breathing problems but this may result in asthma if kids and elderly people are exposed.
- Patients experience an asthma attack due to trigger elements such as dust, toxic chemicals, allergens, pollen, etc.
- Asthma causes the bronchial tubes to narrow and swell due to extra mucus. This can cause patients to feel varied symptoms based on the immunity system. For some, it is a minor inconvenience while for some it is life-threatening.
- Coughing, wheezing, flammable sensation in the throat and sir tract, running out of breath, etc. are the symptoms of asthma attacks.
- The triggers of these symptoms are also different from person to person.
Types of asthma:
- Allergic asthma and non-allergic asthma are two main types of asthma.
- Allergic asthma: As the name suggests, an allergen is responsible for triggering the attack. A chemical, pollen, dust, animal hair, etc. can be the allergens.
- Non-allergic asthma: This type does not need any allergen to trigger. Reason for this asthma again differs from patient to patient. But the common ones are:
– Exercise-induced asthma.
– Coughing variant.
– Nocturnal asthma.
– Aspirin-induced asthma.
- Like any other disease, doctor’s advice is the best solution for diagnosis and treatment.
- A doctor may ask for your medical history and conduct physical tests on you for ensuring asthma.
- Lung functioning tests may be helpful. A patient’s breathing is tested before and after consuming a bronchodilator which increases bronchial pipes. It can show the difference and effects of the medicine.
- Spirometry tests: This test basically measures the difference between inhaled and exhaled air to discover any obstruction.
In this way, by trial and error method of tests, diagnosis of asthma is done.
Treatment: The best treatment for any disease is possible with the help of a doctor only.
- Unfortunately, asthma does not have a cure, rather the treatment only work to ease the symptoms. and it works on the best diet for asthma patient.
- The treatment varies based on the type of symptoms.
- But doctors prescribe medications, respiratory therapies, habitual changes, immunotherapy, etc.
- Bronchodilators help to widen the windpipe during the attacks. Also, respiratory therapy on regular intervals helps to breathe normally, decreasing frequency of attacks.
Ultimately, if you have any issue with your health, only a doctor can help. For any query, write it in comment section. Our team will comeback to you soon.