Kris Carr was only 31 years old when she was diagnosed with the Stage 4 cancer. The cancer tumor had already damaged both her liver and kidney, and she was recommended to carry out a three-organ transplant. Later, she came across one doctor who simply suggested her to live and eat right. Now, at the age of 43, she is happier and healthier than before. She is fighting each day by watching and living life in the best way.
FDA is currently investigating different food samples after they have got some serious links to the pet food with heart ailments in dogs. If your dog is being fed a lot of grain-free diets, then they are more vulnerable to cardiovascular disease that is seen in animals.
Heart Disease in Dogs linked to Ingredients in Food, FDA saysU.S Food and Drug Administration's Center for the Veterinary Medicine, along with the diagnostic laboratories are working on the study to find a link between the canine dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM) and certain pet foods with seeds or potato as the main ingredient in it. The early research showed up that the pet foods containing legume seeds, potatoes, peas or lentils as the main ingredient could cause the problem of canine dilated cardiomyopathy. This DCM is an issue in which problem occurs in the dog's heart muscle, leading to heart failure. But after long study, it was found that all the breeds with a predisposition in their DCM were more easily affected. Some of the common breeds among them include Irish Wolfhounds, Great Danes, Doberman. It's important to know which is the right food for my French bulldog, before buying and feeding them to your pet. On top of that, all the other breeds which are not genetically connected to the problem have also been faced with the trouble. All the mixed breeds, the Golden Retriever, Shih Tzu, Whippet, etc. Now people are slowly moving towards the 'free from' labels, which says the food is gluten-free or grain-free. To add to this, almost 20% of the Dog Food which was launched in the year 2017 were gluten-free. On the contrary, the PetMD scientists have mentioned that the dogs actually don't need any grain-free solutions. This points out another fact that the pet owners simply mimic their own food choices when it comes to pet feeding. By 2018, the U.S dog food market is set to reach about $27 billion, and this number is simply going to increase and cross $30 billion by 2022! So next time, when you are deciding on your pet's diet, then make sure that you choose the right food. Go and visit your regular vet and get the Best advice for the same.
Asthma is one of the most common breathing diseases in the modern world. About 253 million people are affected by it. Moreover, The Global Burden of Disease Study (GBD) Study estimates that deaths caused by asthma are 170 per million for males and 90 per million for females. It is a chronic disease with the highest tendency to affect children. No firm evidence behind the cause of asthma is known. Although, urbanization was to blame for asthma increase. Such a dangerous disease can affect anyone with weak immunity system. So it is important to understand the basics of asthma.
The following is a list of causes, symptoms, types, treatment and the doctor’s advice on asthma:
- The firm evidence for a specific reason is not known. However, a pattern is found, suggesting that asthma runs in families.
- Another cause of asthma is high levels of pollution. The toxic chemicals often cause breathing problems but this may result in asthma if kids and elderly people are exposed.
- Patients experience an asthma attack due to trigger elements such as dust, toxic chemicals, allergens, pollen, etc.
- Asthma causes the bronchial tubes to narrow and swell due to extra mucus. This can cause patients to feel varied symptoms based on the immunity system. For some, it is a minor inconvenience while for some it is life-threatening.
- Coughing, wheezing, flammable sensation in the throat and sir tract, running out of breath, etc. are the symptoms of asthma attacks.
- The triggers of these symptoms are also different from person to person.
- Allergic asthma and non-allergic asthma are two main types of asthma.
- Allergic asthma: As the name suggests, an allergen is responsible for triggering the attack. A chemical, pollen, dust, animal hair, etc. can be the allergens.
- Non-allergic asthma: This type does not need any allergen to trigger. Reason for this asthma again differs from patient to patient. But the common ones are: - Exercise-induced asthma. - Coughing variant. - Nocturnal asthma. - Aspirin-induced asthma.
- Like any other disease, doctor’s advice is the best solution for diagnosis and treatment.
- A doctor may ask for your medical history and conduct physical tests on you for ensuring asthma.
- Lung functioning tests may be helpful. A patient’s breathing is tested before and after consuming a bronchodilator which increases bronchial pipes. It can show the difference and effects of the medicine.
- Spirometry tests: This test basically measures the difference between inhaled and exhaled air to discover any obstruction.
- Unfortunately, asthma does not have a cure, rather the treatment only work to ease the symptoms. and it works on the best diet for asthma patient.
- The treatment varies based on the type of symptoms.
- But doctors prescribe medications, respiratory therapies, habitual changes, immunotherapy, etc.
- Bronchodilators help to widen the windpipe during the attacks. Also, respiratory therapy on regular intervals helps to breathe normally, decreasing frequency of attacks.
One of the heartbreaking moments are those when you regret any purchase. Especially, when the investment was a costly one. You won't ever regret purchasing a Water Softener as it comes with many monetary benefits. But not many are aware about this!So, here we are with the list of benefits which makes Water Softener a Money Saver in the long run.
7 Ways a Water Softener Can Save You More MoneyWhen you consider different water-related systems, they ought to get expensive. The reasons may be - they are heavily built or comes with Smart technologies, or they can be advanced with the problem-solving capacity. Be it any reason; the system will get costly with these features. But when you look into the future benefits of a Water Softener, then you will come to know the reality of it. All the future monetary savings make your investment all worthy. The major ones are listed below:
- Detergent Usage.
- Clothes are Well Maintained.
- Check your Energy Bills.
- Appliances last longer than before.
- Skin and Hair Care.
- No requirement of Rinsing Agents.
- No more Plumbing Repairs.
Looking out for the Best Automatic Cat Litter Box? While going through all the units, I didn't believe in many of the automated systems. Like does it work out and make things simple as they say? Made my mind and personally visited the shop and tested them for my cat. There is a wide range of units available which will get you confused. Finally, decided to share my part of research with you all.
Best Automatic Cat Litter Box To Get in 2017The meaning of Automatic in the Litter Box, well does not mean that you can simply set up and leave the complete work for the unit. It means that you can escape the mess and load of scooping the litter. Following are some of the current ranking systems among all the Litter Boxes.
#1 Recommendation PetSafe Simply Clean Cat Litter BoxThere are various reasons for placing this unit in the number one position. One of the main reasons is that it adopts a safe method for disposing of the cat litter. And even the cost of the machine is pretty affordable. All these reasons made this product as the Top Pick in our list. You don't have to scoop the litter, and thus it results in less mess. Fill the box with the litter till the marking provided on the unit, then let the cat do their business. There is one lever kind of structure which needs to be rotated, and this leads the waste on a conveyor belt. Through this belt, the waste can be easily collected in the waste bin provided on the other end. You can make use of a cover for more easy disposal.
#2 PetSafe ScoopFree Automatic Litter BoxThis is the only litter box which comes with disposable litter tray and beats all the products regarding odor control. Thus you don't have to deal the litter with you hands, and easily get the litter disposed of along with the litter tray. You can make use of one tray for straight one week. If you have got one ScoopFree Litter Box, you just have to add one disposable tray on it with the blue crystal litters. After your cat has used the box, the crystals start to absorb all the moisture contents. These solids quickly dehydrate the litter; it is specifically designed to get this property.
#3 Omega Paw Automatic Litter BoxFor all the multiple cat households must opt for this Omega Paw Litter Box. This is one spacious box and performs many functions in one unit. It is one of the best automatic litter box for large cats which can be bought in 2017. It not only removes the litter but also maintains the unit dust-free. Here Roll N Clean method is used for cleaning purpose. After your cat is done with their business, you just have to roll the litter box to the top reaches the bottom surface. One screening filter is present here, and it separates the waste and the clean litter. Thus the clean litter is never thrown away, and you can make the best use of the litter.
#4 CatGenie Self Washing Self Flushing Cat BoxThis is the only self-flushing litter box available in the market. The unit has got washable granules instead of the litter, so you don't have to touch or rebuy any litter. CatGenie is entirely dust and odor free, and the granules are washed and dried up on its own. This also includes the process of sanitizing as well. Another difference of this unit compared to the other units, this makes use of washable granules. You need to have cold water connection for the washing process. And having one electrical power source is a must for running. Overall installation is simple, just requires hook up with cold water and electrical energy.
#5 LitterMaid LM680C Cat Litter BoxThis litter box is perfect for single cat households, or cats weighing less than 15 pounds. Compared to all the litter boxes, this system offers more automatic features in it. There is one sensor present in the unit which gets blocked when the cat is in the litter box. When the sensor finds the unit without the cat for 10 minutes, the cleaning cycle is triggered. During the cleaning cycle, one automatic rake runs back and forth to remove the waste clumps from the litter. And finally, the waste gets collected in one container. Finally, you can dispose of this container whenever it is the right time. Hope you guys enjoyed our article on Best Automatic Cat Litter Box. What are your thoughts about our picks? Share your experiences if you have used any of the units personally. Go for such unit which provides comfort to your pet, and a quality Litter Box.
There are many Cheap Ping Pong Tables available in the market. But choosing the best among all of them is the main game. Here we will list out the tables which are the Best in Budget currently. The brands that we are going to review include Stiga and MD Sports. Both of them are well known brands. Our searches are mainly based on performance, durability, and finally quality!
Our Picks: Best Cheap Ping Pong TableWhen we look out for Cheap Ping Pong tables, we wish to get the best in the low-cost range. Isn't it? We wish to get all the latest technology and features in one table. we also listed all the best outdoor ping pong table reviews so that you can get quality items at door steps. We searched out for the same and picked up these two Ping Pong Tables in the end. The first pick is the Stiga Optima, and the second one is the MD Sports Office Size.
Stiga Optima Ping Pong TableOur first pick is the Stiga Optima Ping Pong table and comes with tournament style of binding and striping. The package includes both the net and post along with the main table. A lot many components are made of steel, thus making the overall unit reliable and long lasting for you. Features
- The table top is 5/8 inch, and it is black in color.
- There is a double wheel caster present here, each of them is of 2 inches.
- Legs are of the self-opening type, and so less efforts are required during setup.
- The side panel is colorful, and it is made of steel.
- It features pads on the corner ends, thus keeps them protected from any scratches.
- You will find a cross brace support, along with the wooden bottom board.
- The apron and the legs of the table, both of them are made of steel.
- It can be set up in three positions- play mode, playback (solo matches), and the storage position.
MD Sports Official Size Ping Pong TableNext, we have MD Sports which is into manufacturing and designing different indoor as well as outdoor games. Talking about the unit, we have the Official Sized Tournament Tennis Table. It also comes with three position arrangements on it, including the single player style and the storage position. If you wish to store the table for a long time, then you can easily fold up the table in a compact shape. Features
- It has got an awesome bounce quality on it. All credit goes to the table top and the apron support.
- This ping pong table comes with the tournament size, and that is 9 feet by 5 feet.
- There are three lockable casters, which makes the transportation part easy.
- In the accessories, you will find a net and post set included with the main table.
- You can easily fold up the table in half, and enjoy a solo match as well. Also, it can be folded up for compact storage.
- The color of this model is a combination of three - black, gray, and white.
It is difficult to identify which coffee is decaf and which one is the regular coffee. We have got a team who are expert in taste-testing tasks! So we assigned the task to a team of 5 and presented them with coffee shots of different types. These included hot coffee, iced coffee, and lastly the decaf one. Three among the contestants guessed the coffee shots right! While the rest of them identified the hot and the iced coffee. Now coming to the Decaf coffee, this is a bit tricky one. What if you order a Decaf next time, and you are served some other coffee? How'd you know if the coffee is a real Decaf? Here the difference will help you out in understanding both the Decaf and Regular coffee.
Difference Between Decaf and Regular CoffeeThe word 'decaf' means devoid of caffeine, but in reality, decaf is not completely caffeine-free. Decaf coffee has got very less amount of caffeine, as this content is reduced to a great extent. Those who are strictly on a no-caffeine diet, even the decaf option is also not recommended for you guys. There are various different types of coffee available in the market. So how is the Decaf coffee made? The coffee beans are treated with different solvent and other chemicals for removing the caffeine from them. And the main goal is to preserve the quality and flavor of the coffee, along with keeping the product safe from any side-effects. Coming to the taste parameter, Decaf won't be as flavorful as the regular coffee. This is mainly because of the no-caffeine property. Also, decaf coffee undergoes a double process which brings it in contact with the environment. Coffees flavors are also affected as they are subjected to open environment. Another difference is that Decaf is termed as "unnatural" as they are developed using different chemical processes. While the Regular Coffee is natural, with the proper amount of caffeine level. It is better to avoid Decafs and drink nothing at all! (For those looking out for a no-caffeine solution) If you found the explanation a bit confusing, we have listed some points for both the Decaf and the Regular coffee. Try to match the points from one to the other, for better understanding. Decaf Coffee
- This is an unnatural drink
- Good Quality Decafs are always hard to find
- You will find less amount of caffeine in this coffee
- Regular coffee is completely natural
- You will find many quality coffee shops serving the regular coffee
- This coffee has got good caffeine level
Detroit, Netanya and JDC: Working Together to Strengthen the Local Ethiopian-Israeli CommunityIn September 2001, the Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit entered into a new partnership relationship with JDC and the city of Netanya in an effort to improve the educational opportunities of the local Ethiopian-Israeli community. Parents and Children Together (PACT) is a comprehensive, strategic, city-wide intervention program in Netanya that seeks to provide comprehensive educational projects and services for Ethiopian-Israeli pre-schoolers by focusing not only on the child, but also on the family, the community and the local professionals who shape these early years. In addition to working closely with the local municipality and other non-profit organizations, the Ethiopian-Israeli community in Netanya plays a central role in planning and implementing the innovative, community-based approach, which PACT embodies. PACT seeks to reach each and every one of the over 1,100 Ethiopian-Israeli children (birth to six) in the city and provides them with the necessary literacy skills, support, and enrichment experiences to prepare them to enter first grade on an equal level with their veteran Israeli peers. Beyond a simple funding relationship, PACT and the other programs will directly involve professional and lay members of the Detroit community in an ongoing and intensive manner through professional exchanges, mission visits, and committee involvement with lay and professional leaders in Netanya.
PACT ProgramsIncluded among the programs initiated and sponsored by the PACT partnership in Netanya are:
- Placement in pre-school frameworks for each and every Ethiopian-Israeli child
- Direct home-intervention assistance for the most distressed families
- Promoting better nutrition, health care, and parenting skills
- Professional training for early childhood educators from the community
- A wide-range of cultural and social enrichment activities for the child and family including music classes, science stations, summer day camps, field trips, holiday celebrations, and scholarships for extra-curricular programs.
- Literacy Enrichment in Classrooms
- PACT provides for literacy specialists to work in small groups and on an individual basis in local kindergarten classrooms to help Ethiopian-Israeli students to develop the emergent literacy skills necessary for entering first grade. Creative activities focus on the developmental aspects of written and oral communication.
- Adult Literacy Programs
- As part of the community programs that PACT supports, Ethiopian parents will participate in creative Hebrew classes that emphasize basic conversational, reading and writing skills, learning about Israeli society and cultural norms and raising awareness about what their children are learning in their preschool and kindergarten frameworks.
- New Kat-Gan Pre-School Framework
- PACT is opening new “Mini-Kindergartens” for 1 ½ to 3 year olds who were not previously participating in any other day setting. The 5-day-a-week program provides an enriching and stimulating educational environment for the children, while at the same time, enabling their mothers to participate in other PACT programs like Hebrew literacy, parenting groups and more.
- Ethiopian Educational Liaisons
- PACT is enabling for Ethiopian-Educational liaisons to work in the local kindergarten classrooms. The liaisons serve as the contact person and cultural bridge between the Ethiopian parents and the Kindergarten teachers. The liaisons also expose and educate the teachers and students about Ethiopian culture and monitor that the needs of each Ethiopian child are being met appropriately. PACT also provides the liaisons with regular, ongoing professional training to enhance their skills and develop the appropriate methods to carry out their complex, but essential role.
- Community Enrichment Centers
- PACT provides an accessible, neighborhood-based afternoon activity center that provides educational, cultural, and social enrichment for Ethiopian-Israeli children and their parents. Ethiopian-Israeli instructors and counselors organize regularly scheduled structured, creative, interactive programs and recreational activities including arts and crafts, music and movement, games, and theater.
So much of the new in the Detroit area surrounds the difficult economic conditions which have caused much strain on our entire area, including the Jewish community. I won't recount for you all of the details. We know them all too well. Instead I want to take the opportunity to let you know that the Jewish community has a variety of resources in place to help. Hopefully you remember the signs and brochures found throughout Beth Ahm during the High Holidays with the slogan "No Family Stands Alone." This is part of a campaign by the Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit to spread the word about the many programs that are available to the Jewish community in these difficult times. Federation is such a multifaceted organization it is sometimes hard to remember all of the institutions that Federation supports. An in these difficult times, Federation agencies such as Jewish Family Service, Hebrew Free Loan Association, and others are helping increasing numbers of people in need of assistance. And in response to the high rate of foreclosures recently, Federation is beginning a new program called the Jewish Housing assistance Fund which will assist families facing foreclosure proceedings or who are having other housing issues. To find out more about Jewish Federation you can call Federation's Resource Line at (248) 592-2650 or go to www.jewishdetroit.org. There are other resources in our community as well. One new foundation is called Here to Help Foundation. Their goal is to provide grants "to provide a bridge, allowing one to weather a crisis or overcome an obstacle to success, while supplying hope and the ability to move forward." This private foundation is structured to help people who will be able to move forward with their lives if only they have a bit of help with one particular issue that is holding them back. They have already begun helping people in the Detroit area. You can find more information about Here to Help by calling (248) 544-4026 or at www.heretohelpfoundation.org. My hope is that no one in our Beth Ahm community actually needs the financial assistance that I am writing about. But, it is clear that there are many of us who are facing challenges. For some, those challenges are relatively minor while others have serious concerns about themselves and their families. I like Federation's new slogan—No Family Stands Alone. Federation agencies can provide financial assistance for those who may need it. If you or someone you know needs help, call (248) 592-2650. B'shalom, By :- Rabbi Steven Rubenstein
The Michigan/Central Galilee Partnership 2000 encourages and fosters enduring relationships between Jewish communities in Michigan and the Central Galilee. Federation's leadership works closely with representatives of municipal authorities and a strong network of volunteers to develop activities of mutual interest and benefit.
- Partnership 2000 provides a variety of programs in the following areas:
People To People
- Young Leadership
- The Young Leadership program is a parallel leadership development program for men and women between the ages of 27 to 45 from Michigan and the Central Galilee. These groups are comprised of individuals who have demonstrated leadership ability and have shown a desire to learn and do more for their Jewish communities. The program includes interactions with community lay leadership, hands-on training and development of leadership skills, participation in national and regional leadership conferences, exchanges, and joint projects between the Michigan and Central Galilee groups.
- Professional Exchanges
- One unique aspect of Michigan's partnership with the Central Galilee is its opportunities for the two communities to learn and grow together within specific fields of expertise. Professional exchanges, such as the Educator's, Women's and Hospice exchanges, have provided successful avenues to accomplish this goal. For example, the Educator's Exchange of March 2002 brought seven educators from the Region to Michigan to create and further develop educational programs with a select group of metro Detroit counterparts for implementation both here in Michigan and in the Central Galilee. With this highly successful visit, a reverse trip is planned where the Michigan participants will travel to the Region and follow up on the projects developed during the Israelis' visit.
- YAD Mission Extensions in the Region
- For the Detroit participants of the annual national Young Adult Mission to Israel, this extension allows participants to travel throughout the Region and become acquainted with the many Partnership 2000 programs, as well as personally connect, interact, and volunteer with the men, women, and children of the Central Galilee.
- Joint Reading Project
- Initiated by both teacher assignments and students' desire to communicate with a similar peer group in another country, the Joint Reading Project has created linkages between teachers and students from the Jewish Academy of Metropolitan Detroit and the Ort Rogozin High School in Migdal HaEmek in the Central Galilee. Pairing the two schools requires preparation and collaboration by the teachers and administrators. Most importantly, the Project allows the students to learn from the same texts and material in the same time frame and then dialogue about them in creative ways, such as via joint projects, mail, phone conversations, e-mail, and videoconferencing.
- Beit Midrash
- The Partnership 2000 Joint Beit Midrash is comprised of the Central Galilee Beit Midrash and the Michigan Beit Midrash. These two groups share a similar study plan, which has focused in previous years on the Jewish holidays, prayer, and current issues of concern to both communities. The Joint Beit Midrash provides another meaningful way to nurture significant personal and group relationships between the Central Galilee and Michigan communities, while fostering Jewish identity and communal involvement.
- Land of Our Heritage
- Jointly developed by Partnership 2000 and the Dirshu Institute of Jewish Education, the Land of Our Heritage educational program aims to provide participants with a greater understanding of the historical and political history of the Land of Israel, specifically the nature of the Jewish claim to the land, the challenges it has faced through the centuries, and the current Israeli-Arab conflict. One component of the six-part series focuses on the Central Galilee and the unique role the region has played in ancient times and its significance to the modern Jewish state. Supplemented with extensive written and audio-visual material, the program is an important tool for those involved in education, Jewish activism, politics and advocacy.
- Women's Department
- Follow your heart. It will lead you to our door. Serving as a vital link between Jewish family life and community life, Federation’s Women’s Department is committed to welcoming and empowering women of all ages and stages of life. As one of the most trusted and effective philanthropic organizations in the world, we work to deliver help to those in need and to fulfill the dreams of a vibrant Jewish community, here at home in Detroit, in Israel and around the world.
- The Adele Mondry Women's Center
- The Mondry Women's Center in Nazareth Illit sponsors educational programming relating to women's issues and regional concerns. Topics have included empowerment, equality, creative expression and co-existence amongst Arab and Jewish women. A recent topic of concern promoted awareness of women's health through lectures, conferences, leadership programs, and a support hotline. Target populations in the region include new immigrants, the elderly, and professionals.
- Support for Female Abuse Victims
- Developed in conjunction with the Jewish Family Service of Metropolitan Detroit and funded by the Washtenaw County Jewish Federation in Ann Arbor, the Support for Female Abuse Victims program is comprised of a regional network of women volunteers in the Central Galilee who assist female abuse victims break away from the circle of violence. By lending an attentive ear, providing support and counseling, and mediating assistance from governmental support services, the volunteers work towards helping the victims better deal with the physical and mental challenges that result from their abusive situations. The volunteers are also able to help the abused women deal with the resulting social, economic, and cultural impacts; issues that are often beyond the scope of the state-sponsored services.
- Israel Emergency Fund
- In light of the current situation in Israel, the Jewish Community of Metropolitan Detroit has designated funds raised through the Israel Emergency Campaign to assist with social welfare needs in our Partnership 2000 Region. Food baskets, after school programs, and supplementing security throughout the Region are some of the ways the Detroit community is making sure that the immediate needs in our Region are met.
- Integration of Olim
- By involving new immigrants and veteran Israelis in community activities that promote a supportive environment, this project emphasizes tolerance and acceptance of others through weekly integrative activities and tutorial programs. Implemented in schools and community centers in Nazareth Illitand Migdal Emek, , activities are open to the public and work to enhance community self-esteem, consolidation, and integration.
- The Milton and Lois Shiffman Home Hospice of the Valleys
- Developed by the Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit's Jewish Hospice and Chaplaincy Network, and coordinated by Kupot Holim Klalit, the Milton and Lois Shiffman Home Hospice of the Valleys provides or home hospice service needs (medical, nursing and social work) for terminally ill patients and their families in the Central Galilee (Arab, Jewish and Christian).
- Hafuch al Hafuch
- Located in Migdal HaEmek, the Hafuch al Hafuch program funded by the Jewish Federation of Grand Rapids, provides troubled and at-risk youth with a safe, friendly, and informative environment to escape from the fears and anxieties of current daily life in Israel. The Center trains both its youth and adult staff members and volunteers in guidance and counseling, as well as in mediation with parents or other social welfare services, when necessary. Youth volunteers coordinate events, holiday parties, educational seminars and the Hafuch al Hafuch newsletter. Cultural liaisons, olim who are already integrated in Israeli society, serve as key role models and counselors for new immigrant teenagers, as they can empathize with the difficulties the youth face and offer them support and friendship.
- Creative Coexistence Leadership
- By pairing each of the three municipalities of the Partnership 2000 Region with three neighboring Arab cities, 60 young people are actively involved in workshops to reinforce national and bi-national identity and to plan and implement joint community projects.
- Notes of Harmony
- Music students and teachers participate in school music programs and music centers in both Jewish and Arab towns and cities in the Central Galilee. The program offers the Jewish and Arab music students the opportunity to enrich their individual musical experiences by studying, practicing and performing music together. Additionally, the project provides a forum for the music instructors to share resources and enhance skills through a variety of workshops, focusing on choirs, string ensembles, wind instrument ensembles, and ensembles that integrate oriental (Arabic), classical, and folk music. This program fosters an environment of interaction and understanding.
- Strings of Peace
- The program spearheaded by the Music Center at the Jezreel Valley Center for the Arts and Culture, brings Jewish and Arab children together to play violin. Meeting weekly, together with their parents, children from Kibbutz Sarid and the Arab village of Manshiat Zebda, both in the Jezreel Valley, participate in individual as well as group violin lessons. The music sessions provide the children with an opportunity to learn violin basics, sing in Hebrew and Arabic, perform concerts, and participate in other activities that attempt to build closer relationships based on friendship, understanding, mutual trust, and music.